TAKELEY & CANFIELD CITIZEN
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required. Trolling, Swearing or Libel will not be tolerated.
2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
3. Please be aware that there may be members of the media within this group. No conversations or threads within a closed forum may be reproduced or quoted by the media (or anyone else outside the group on any other forum) without the relevant participant’s written agreement.
4. Don’t post images depicting children unless you are their parents or guardians (or have the express permission of their parents/guardians) and they are suitably clothed. It’s a sad world.
Do not post images that infringe Copyright or those that depict identifying marks such as Car Registration Numbers or House Numbers etc.
5. We have a wide age range in the group from young teenagers upwards on this site, so ensure your content is suitable for them.
6. Please do not publish items for sale posts within the group as an existing Selling group for Takeley can be found at
7. Business posts are not allowed on the group but we have set up a dedicated free directory on the website with star ratings and comment reviews, this will make looking for a local quality trade much easier through the search system please visit
8. Don’t block moderators, as content not visible to us will be removed permanently.
9. If you have any suggestions for the Takeley & Canfield Matters Group or Website, then contact the admin directly at
Whilst staff do try and keep an eye on Facebook, they don’t have time to pick through every single post. So if you do see anything that doesn't meet our standards listed here then please use the Report to Admin feature
If you want to let off steam then do so, but we won’t necessarily pick up suggestions. If you want to post something and are unsure about it, contact us. We aren’t monsters, we’ll do our best to help. If you break the rules we will remove you from the group for four weeks. You can apply for admission again, but it will be at our discretion.
Takeley & Canfield Citizen is a Website & Facebook Group for residents, business owners and people with a genuine interest in life in Takeley and Canfield. Since its creation on the 05th Jan 2019 it will be a labour of love to help it grow with the hard work and dedication of our admin team and the local community,
To take part in this group please abide by our rules. Our Admins proactively moderate this group. Direct any queries, complaints, suggestions and concerns about posts, or abusive messages you receive, to any of our Admin Team.
The Takeley & Canfield Citizen Website utilises multiple methods that create revenue from Pay per click advertising, affiliate links, store items to donations.
All funds received on a monthly basis will firstly be used to cover costs of website hosting and additional third party subscriptions for tools that enable this site to run the features it has.
After those are deducted the remaining revenue will be split with 50% being divided equally between the Admins and regular content creators. While the remaining 50% will be paid to a "local" registered charity which will be featured on the website & Facebook Group for one Month.